Thursday, February 26, 2009

New Twist....Timeless Classic

So, I've been working on my "art wall" and a big trend right now is using custom-creative silhouettes. I LOVE these! There are so many different creative ways to use silhouettes, and so many different silhouettes to create! Here a few ideas that I just love!


Of course I have to support the Etsy shops, and this one is so precious!! What mom, grandmother, aunt, friend or anyone, wouldn't adore one of these pendent necklaces!?! There a lot of other "designer" options out there that incorporate this idea too if you want something a little more costly. But check her out here.



These canvas tote bags are so cute and using a silhouette on any type of bag would be such a cute idea to show off what you are proud of...your baby or precious pet! The stationary is another creative idea that you don't see everyday, it's refreshing!!


BUT, of course, my favorites, are the interior uses!! I love seeing them in unexpected and unique places! You can even create a wall hanging by picking a genre and then varying the shapes and colors within it.



Group round and square pieces together for added visual interest!!



Feeling more creative, create a wall of graphic art with just you and a gallon of paint! I LOVE this idea for a small powder bath!


This is such an unexpected piece to see when you walk into this room but it gives such character and charm to the space. I love the idea!!

So go break out the tracing paper, I know you want to!!

(all interior pictures courtesy of dominomag.com)

Photobucket

2 comments:

Just Me said...

I have a new project now. Thanks!

Art said...

I do kinda want to. Thanks for posting