Here are a few more fabulous fun reads which you all may find hilariously insightful. Further proof that dysfunction makes for great fiction!
We all have plenty to cry about. So grab a tissue, and maybe a xanex. This new collection of short stories, Don't Cry, by Mary Gaitskill examines the human experience and themes of uncertainty, abandonment, loneliness, and grief through tales of ordinary people.
Speaking of ordinary people, who really wants to read about people who have perfect careers, families and relationships? We want the nitty-gritty, the down-right ugly, people we can identify with for goodness sake! This collection of short stories, Everything Ravaged, Everything Burned by Wells Tower's, is far from being pretty. But you can totally relate with the humor and empathy.
Another thing you can probably completely relate to are those random, unprovoked emails or calls from your mother wanting to discuss everything from sex, cooking, daily talk shows, or how bad your hair is looking. *hanging up the phone now* Love Mom by Doree Shafrir and Jessica Grose, is a compilation of these inspiring, hilarious, and downright embarassing moments. Who knew motherhood was so easy?
♥ Happy Reading Loves ♥







21 comments:
Great suggestions! I'll have to add them to my ever-growing list of books to read before I die. Wow, that sounds morbid.
I love your planner idea. That is so smart to put inspirational and happy things to help you recenter when life gets too hectic.
you seem to like the short stories. i found a book a year ago called, this is not chick lit that was a compilation of short stories by awesome american women writers. i havent read all of them yet but the ones i did read, i loved! i might have to pick up one or two of the ones you listed. :)
Ok, I guess I can remember being 26 and liking "nice, sweet" books but then life and kids interrupted my reading. Now I want murder, mystery, excitement, escape! Not sure how to take your ocmments about your mom unless you were talking about someone else's mom and not yours!!! Have a great day!
I love chick lit! I will have to write these down.
Great suggestions!! I always love a good book, especially the ones that make you cry :)
Thanks for the suggestions! Have you ever read any Emily Giffin books?! Those are my absolute favorite!
love your reviews, so fun! and always looking for new books to read=)!
Thanks for sharing all of these! I need to pick up some new reads so I will be putting these on my list :)
oh great! more to add to my stack!
YAAAAAY Your a queen for the day- head over to my blog for your award!!!
OMG I almost got Firefly Lane the other night! I'm making myself finish the ones i had and bought two on sale! I'm so glad you liked it! now I won't feel bad spending the money!
Great suggestions! Thanks for sharing!
Thank you for the books! I have been trying to get some new ones. I seem to get stuck in a book phase and only buy books that all end up being very very similar...
I have a list of books growing...I will add these!! Thanks for the suggestions!
Oh what fun reads. I just might have to add them to my must-reads! Xoxo-BLC
Thanks for the suggestions! I love to hear about a good new book! I am such a sucker for a good chic lit book!
Thanks for the recommendations! I'll be adding these to my growing list of books to read. It is so hard to find the time. When I go on trips it's so easy, when I'm home I find it hard to get through a book. I'll need to do a lot of reading by the pool this summer :) The short story books sound great!
I love chick lit!
...I wish they had better English chit lit books in China.
I *love* your blog! It's great! You make me laugh!! I just joined today!! Now, I wanna go and buy these books!! thank u for the info!
Thanks for the suggestions! I love some chick lit!!
I wished I had time to read :( I'm making a list of books I want to read and I'll make sure to add these to the list :)
Post a Comment