Saturday, February 21, 2009

Frame-it

For the past several months I have been looking for that one perfect piece of art to proudly display over my couch. You see, this wall is looooong, and the apartment wall color is tan, so I really needed something large and in charge! I couldn't decided if I wanted to splurge on a set of art canvases, or one big piece, or what. So after months or searching, and being overly-picky, and having absolutely no success, I decided to combine my ideas and create my own display wall.
So, after some GREAT finds at Hobby Lobby I was finally able to start putting my display wall together! Creating a collage on a wall is such a neat idea to display your personality in your home. From the frames you select, to the items you choose to display it's a complete reflection of your home and lifestyle and it's an effective way to show off your collections! And there ARE ways to do this without it looking like an unorganized mess! Done correctly, you can create you can create your own fantastic work of art!!

***Elle Decor this month has a great article about display collections this month!!***



Proudly display all your favorite family and friend photos. The easiest thing is to do is frame the photos or item in matching frames, similiar to a musuem gallery. Create a unifying theme.




Photobucket

(Farrow & Ball, Minton Green)



Show-off your creative talent, or other pieces of art. I love the mixture of colors and frames in this collection, it has a great ecletic feel, but the composition is still very organized.

Photobucket

(Elle Decor, February 2008)

I love these cute ideas for a childs room. And the grouping of plates is timeless and classic for a kitchen or dining room. You can let your imagination run wild!

(domino magazine, February 2009)
Thinking outside the box, you can also hang a display of shadow boxes for a more dramatic appeal. Use a collection of charming plates, or display your frames on ledges mounted to the wall. These are a couple of great ideas from Pottery Barn.

(Images from Pottery Barn)

Creating a more organized, simple grouping can lend a more traditional or modern touch to your home. It depends on what you decide to pair with it.


(Images from Phoebe Howard Interiors)


Even better, there is NO wrong or right way to display a grouping or collection of your favorite things! It's a great way to give personality to your home! The possibilities are endless!!


Photobucket

(Canadian House and Home)



Happy Displaying!

***Pictures of my finished "masterpiece" to come! I'm still working on the "art" to put in my frames!**

No comments: