Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Green with Envy



Happy, Happy, St. Patrick's Day To You!!

Keeping with the spirit of this festive day, I thought I would share a few GREEN rooms that I just adore! These rooms are so fun, yet still so sophisticated! And check out these effects the color green has on your body and mind, something to think about next time you think about painting!!
Physiological Effect: Green is said to be good for your heart. On a physical and emotional levely, green helps your heart bring you physical equilibrium and relaxation. Green relaxes our muscles and helps you breathe deeper and slower!! Relaxed yet??

Psychological Effect: Green creates feelings of comfort, laziness, relaxation, calmness. It helps you balance and soothe your emotions. Some attribute this to its connection with nature and our natural feelings of affiliation with the natural world when experiencing the color green. Yet, darker and grayer greens can have the opposite effect. These olive green colors remind us of decay and death and can actually have a detrimental effect on physical and emotional health. Note that sickened cartoon characters always turned green.

(photos courtesy of Domino and Canadian House and Home)


Well, I've got very limited internet access again today (I'm going INSANE without it, I miss my blog friends!!!!), so I am cutting it short. Plus, it's a GORGEOUS day here so I'm going to go enjoy the sunshine!! Hope you are all wearing your green....because if you aren't, I'm giving you a big ole' cyber pinch from here!!

Cheers!!!

Photobucket

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wait, you get pinched if you don't wear green? ...

It's a good thing no one knows about St. Patrick's Day over here.

Jade Bordeaux said...

Oh, how I loove your taste.Ya know, my couch is green. I have like NO furniture since I got this dang couch! I need to shop, but am on a budget (summer time is coming and Andrea and I looove to Shop for CLOTHES!)
ooooooooh, please help me w my house. I might go green (economically and to save the earth) and shop at IKEA (eww,gross-I know!)


cmon,help me.......PLEASE!