Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Howdy Ya'll

Here in the dirty South we have this sport, for lack of better words, called hunting. Where big ole' burly men dressed head-to-toe in the ugliest camouflage you ever did see tromp through the woods with 3 different guns, 10 different knives, and all sorts of manly camping/hunting gear that really has no other purpose than to make them feel manly.

After the long day of sitting, day dreaming of shooting that prize winning trophy when all they really have done is burp, fart, and only seen a couple of squirrels, they head back to the no-women allowed camp house and sit around the no-women allowed camp fire and drink no-women allowed beer and talk about how those no-good-women are. I guess there is just something about male bonding and wiping your butt with a leaf that is exhilarating...I don't get it...never will.

So when those hunting hero's bring home that big ole' trophy, they expect their little Southern Belle to be proud. So proud in fact that the gigantic trophy that now cost you the price of your first home is hanging above your mantle. Tongue, eyes and all....it's there, and it stares at your every move.

Creepy huh?

(Pictures from Flickr)

Thought so.

But have no fear my loves. Now you can have your very own trophy to hang above that mantle too. This modern chic trophy might not have fur and a stuffed head, but these pieces of beautifully papered resin art are one-of-a kind, that's for sure! After you discover this dear little Etsy shop out of San Antonio, TX, you might be proud to show off that trophy at your next Mommy-N-Me play date without scaring the children out of their diapers.

Don't believe me? Take a look for yourself at what they can do.











Even this designer can rock that crazy cool trophy.


(Lee Kleinhelter, Cottage Living)

Take over the mantle space with your own trophy. The hunter in your life might not be happy, but hey, it's all about compromise right?!?

Get along now little darlin' .... and ya'll come back now ya hear?

(disclaimer: I am a very proud girl from the South and whether I agree or disagree with the sport of hunting isn't any issue. Neither is my opinion of having deer heads hanging in your house, man cave, garage, whatever your fancy. I even admit I may or may not have thrown on some camo and tromped through the woods myself! Everyone has their opinions and I respect that!)

11 comments:

Mrs. Hanson said...

OK! Too funny! My parents had my Dad's deer head in our house for over 14 years! My parents FINALLY took it down 6 years ago! :)

However... I love those prints, TOO cute. I almost wouldn't mind rocking one. Ha ha

p.s. I have rocked the camo skirt a few times, oops!

CTB said...

This is too funny. Just goes to show that you really can find ANYTHING on Etsy!

kuhkjhkh said...

that's actually really cute! lol It would be weird for me because I've never hunted or anything but I would probably actually think about hanging one of those!

s. pearce feldman said...

LOVE. and i may, or may not admit to occasionally breaking the no-woman-allowed boundaries myself. am getting gorgeous animal head to replace icky one from grandfather. stat. (ps: this is way easier than twitter)

Girl Meets Beau said...

LOL!! The hubs always talks about when he shoots that prized deer he will be hanging it in our house....hmmm I think I like your idea much better! Some of those are super fancy!! Love them!

Jade Bordeaux said...

OMYGOSH!!!!!! I am actually speechless. I know you found this on Etsy...but HOW did you go about finding it there.Were you looking for a deer head for your house,tell the truth?
It's kinda cool, sure as HELL beats the real ones (I don't care if people hunt, as long as I don't have to see it, hear about it, etc.)
"REAL WOMEN EAT MEAT"-as Jessica Simpson once wore. She is a smart one, ya know.
LOL,LOL

Melissa said...

I actually like the resin-art ones... I think they look kinda hip and chic. I don't understand the ones on the wall, just because of the eyes - I'd always feel like I was being watched, and I don't need more help being paranoid sometimes. BUT - loves the artsy ones.

Anonymous said...

oh how i hate that stuff!!! i am sorry but nothing can make those animals look better!!!

KRISTEN'S PALACE said...

i love it! my sister needs to read this lol! only thing i can say is...PRAISE GOD, MY HUBBY IS TOOOO LAZY TO HUNT!! LOL

Jules said...

My friend Carrie's dad kept his "trophies" in his office. It used to creep me out!

I kind of like some of the one's on Etsy. I like the one from Cottage Living.

Gwen said...

Okay. I might actually be able to hang a "trophy" in my home if it was as fabulous as the wolf one is. Lucky for me the hubby isn't a hunter at all. XOXO