Remember all of those New Year Resolutions we made to eat healthy, exercise, blog more LOSE WEIGHT?
Yeah, me too. And then it happened, life.
Well, as I was
Life Happened.
I have seen so many recipe blogs lately or sweet girls posting about having the fastest-easiest-way-to cook-a-meal-in-a-crock-pot. Aside from the indigestion and guilt, life happens. We tend to get so wrapped up in the mundane activities of everyday life that we lose focus of those realistic goals of looking like a Victoria Secret Model, just maybe with a little extra baggage. Blogging, working, kids, husbands, blogging….life happens…do you see where I’m going with this?
I think the last thing we often think about is how to eat healthy and lose weight. Sure, it should be engraved into every last thought that passes through our minds, but I’m afraid we would all end up looking like Lindsey Lohan.
And that my dears is a scary thought. But amidst an economic crisis, new President, and Marley and Me coming out on DVD, we start searching the internet for 5-minute casseroles, crock-pot goodness, and the phone number for that Chinese place on the corner with the best crab rangoon.
Yes, Life happens.
We start to sleep in because heaven forbid we lose that extra 30 minutes of beauty sleep in the mornings. We all know that anti-aging face masks works better in the wee hours of the morning. So we search the internet again, but this time it's for Jillian Michael's torture on tape, Yoga Booty Ballet which will only result in 2 sprained ankles, or that infamous Hollywood Diet that will keep you occupied in the bathroom for 2 days. We get busy searching for alternatives to that dreaded thing called...exercise.
Again, life happens.
But as the great make-up guru Bobby Brown so nonchalantly states,
"I'm comfortable with my style -- classic silhouettes, simple jewelry, glowing makeup. And most importantly, I am comfortable in my own skin. And that, I think is my secret."
—Bobbi Brown
—Bobbi Brown
Amen. No matter how busy we get, how much we exercise, diet, argue with men, as long as we are comfortable with ourselves that should be all that matters, right? Be confident, be happy, flaunt what your Mamma gave ya!
And enjoy it while you can. Because life is always going to happen. In fact, that last enchilada at Mi Cocina just happened. I just feel sorry for the poor soul in the stall next to me in 10 minutes.
Happy Hump Day my friends!




8 comments:
Amen sister! :)
I was just having this same thought last night and then again this morning. That the last week has been full of stress, stress, and more stress...and somewhere in there, I "forgot" that I look awful in a bathing suit and shouldn't eat all of this junk food - and get back into the gym. Ah, life. :)
I just LOL'd at the ending! Cute and quirky! :)
But you said it perfectly- life happens! And I am SO guilty of everything that you mentioned. I guess I need to start hittin the gym!
You sum your thoughts so well... ha!
Your such a poet! haha
P.S. I HEART CRAB RANGOON!!!
hahaha..love this post and totally agree!!
I don't know how I missed this blog post! But you are right on!! Perfectly said!
I love your blog! Your great!!! I hear ya sista!! Ha! Ha!
Post a Comment