Monday, March 9, 2009

Monday Already?

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BARBIE!
My how the times have changed!

(photo from Flickr)

Anyways, so it's sad, but true. As much as I dread Monday's, after this weekend, I was ready for today to come. For some strange, unfortunate reason, the planets just must not have been aligned right because this weekend things seemed to just be in a funk...a really bad, ugly, depressing funk. Things just were NOT happening right and what is even more sad ridiculous is that I can't even begin to tell you what was wrong with the weekend...I know, stupid right? We were both in the weirdest, crappiest moods, and things were just not going right....maybe we are just weird people? Actually, we are pretty weird. So weird that this morning I read through my Google Reader while I was on the elliptical. I swear, it makes it go by 10 times faster and I don't even think about the sweat running down my back or how bad my legs are burning since I have it on the highest resistance possible to get the most out of my workout!! Time flies when you're having fun!!

Anyways, I got a lot accomplished this weekend....washed my car, errands, laundry, all that kind of fun stuff so I suppose it wasn't a total loss! My sister is coming to DFW this weekend and we'll celebrate her late birthday and my early birthday together! I'm excited! Maybe I'll finally have a few pictures where I look at least half-way decent enough to post on this blog! My grandmother is also highly disappointed that we aren't going to a family reaunion to reunite with family that I have NEVER met, so we may make an appearance. I'll put on a happy face, shake hands with strangers, eat my weight in finger sandwhiches and drink 40 oz. of red punch. Because after all, "if Memommy aint happy, aint NOBODY happy!"

OK, I need to focus now, I've been at work for 2 hours and haven't gotten a thing accomplished. I think I'll have my 3rd cup of coffee now!
Hope you had a GREAT weekend and have a WONDERFUL, PRODUCTIVE, Monday!
P.S. La Belle Vie Book Club introduced the first book and I'm so excited!! Join us if you are interested, it will be a good read with great discussions!!
Photobucket

3 comments:

Mom said...

Sorry your weekend was so weird-you could have come and helped me paint!!! No, I did not have a seizure after painting or climbing the ladder! Your blogs are great-even the ones that make me cry! Have a great day-see you soon.

Jill said...

I hope you feel better soon. I know how it feels to be in a funk!

I LOVE Barbie too! My mom has an old vintage Barbie and I love it.

Thanks about the plate on my blog. I bought them at Anthropologie in Jan on sale for $2.95 each.

Jade Bordeaux said...

CAN YOU BELLIVE BARBIE IS 50? OMG! How I love her. Wonder what skin cream she uses..lol.
Looks like you got more accomplished than I did, and I spring cleaned! Ha.
I need and eliptical, but I never sweat when I am on it. I figured out though, the hard way, that 6.0 is not fast on those things,not at all like the dreadmill....and when you use your arms-YOUR LEGS hurt the worst.Wow.Kudos to you for staying on for 10 minutes. Its hard!