Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Be Still My Heart...

Catch me.

I'm falling.
In love.

Madly in love.

I just came across these interiors designed by the oh-so-lovely Jill Dupre (she even has a blog!) at J Design Salon. And my heart leaped out my chest and jumped onto cloud nine. These rooms are so simple, so clean, so refreshing, so fun....so insanely-perfect.

From her inspiration, to her unique use of space, textures, lines....gosh, I could go on forever. But I find myself speechless, and in awe. And that's usually hard to do, because I've got lots to say!






















(chalkboard paint above the cabinets? Who think of this? Pure creative genius!)





Be still my heart.




One day...oh yes, one day....


I'm feeling all design-savvy and inspirational because I've got a 9:00 client meeting this morning that will last about 3 hours too long. I will be overdosed on coffee and my nerves will be running high, but hey, it's a job...and for that I am thankful. Hope you all have a fabulous Tuesday and I can't wait to catch up with you all tonight!



I ♥ you, Bleaders!!

29 comments:

Melissa said...

It's hilarious to me that you call us Bleaders, but I digress.

E-boy would adore this design aesthetic - and I actually like it too. We have been in this house two years and we still have not decorated or anything because we can't agree. But this is pretty doable I think... I'm going to pass this on to him. You may have finally unlocked our home's personality! You rock - again!

Enjoy the meeting (ha ha) and the coffee!

Rachel said...

i love the chalkboard paint, we have strips of chalkboard outside all the offices so we can all chalk our names on them and make them look cute. :)

Lydia said...

I love to find design inspiration like that! Good luck at your client meeting this morning...I hope it goes well!

& I live in Columbus, OH.

Happy Tuesday!

♥ H ♥ said...

Wanna design my frist house whenever I buy it? We actually hae that zebra rug by our front door. I love the chalkboard idea too!
have fun at that meeting!!

Mrs. Hanson said...

Looooving the rooms she has designed! Ecspecially the kitchen/chalkboard design........ fabulous!

Adrienne said...

Oh my house could totally use some inspiration like this! Amazing!

Katy said...

When I was little I always wanted to paint one of my walls with chalkboard paint, but my parents always said no. :-(

They make whiteboard paint now, too. I don't remember where I saw it though...

Sarah Elizabeth said...

Can I just say...I heart your blog big time. It always makes me smile!

CTB said...

I really like that kitchen! Those are great though. I'll have to check out her blog. Good luck with your meeting!

Lauren said...

Oh my gosh, how cute!!!! I wish were a interior designer, haha!!! :)

AmberDenae said...

I'm loving your inspiration! You have wonderful taste and a keen eye for good decor. I love it!

Gwen said...

Love all the rooms...especially the bathroom (I'm all about white bathrooms with touches of color). Thanks for sharing!! XOXO

Brittany Ann said...

I officially need that kitchen. And I love the chalkboard paint!

katie + bret said...

Rooms look great - FYI, I read through a lot of your blog yesterday trying to catch up and I love your job. It is exactly what I would do in my 2nd life! Just thought you should know!

chelsea said...

fabulous bathrooms! those were my fave:) You will LOVE the Bitter books! Let me know what you think when you read Bitter is the New Black!

ParisPink said...

Love the bathroom design! I want to redo mine now!

Anonymous said...

ooooh, pretty, love them! i love clean and simple so they are right down my alley! i need to re-do my son's bathroom and i have no clue what to do but i will look at her site for some inspiration, wooo! have a good day pretty girl!!!!

Tara Gibson said...

love it all. that chandilier is gorgeous!

s. pearce feldman said...

l-l-l-ove that you're c-ca-caffeinated. makes two of us. :)

MissKarenAshley said...

Those are amazing spaces. So inspiring to get my creative juices going.

Jules said...

Oh how I adore the first bathroom photo and kitchen. One day I dream of having a house like this.

Have a wonderful day!

Whitney said...

Just found your blog through Lauren Kelly's and I love it! I also love those rooms....mostly the chandelier in the next to last one. I have a slight obsession with chandeliers!

KRISTEN'S PALACE said...

oh i'm right there with ya. i love it! except i'll say my head is beating b/c it has been for 3 days now.

controlled chaos said...

Ok so I'm not going to lie.
I don't know anything about decor.
Soooo...um...I don't get it.

I'll just pretend they're pictures of cats.
Be still my heart!

Jade Bordeaux said...

I absolutly LOOOOOVE these ideas, ecspecially the bedroom! Ahhhhh, I am dreaming, now!

Trina said...

loveeeeeeeeeeeee it! I love interior design and I'm so sad I quit my major after 1 1/2 years into the school. Don't worry in my dreams I'm an interior designer while 1000000 other professions, haha

Anonymous said...

Lovin that chalkboard paint! :)

Unknown said...

What great designs!

jlc said...

Wow!! Love it all!!