Monday, April 20, 2009

Weekend Rap-up

Good Morning Sweet Girls!!

Here is the rap-up inspiration video in case any of you want to get the beat in your head so you can rap along!

OH my, here we go, enjoy...


Yo, Bloggers, Let's kick it!

All right stop
Collaborate and listen
Granny's back with a brand new invention
Her birthday grabbed a hold of her tightly
Partyin' like a crazy girl daily and nightly
Will it ever stop?

Yo--I don't know
I just look at the weekend, and I flow
To the extreme I rock a blog like a vandal
She opened presents and ate cake with a candle.

If there was a party
Yo, we rocked it.
Check out the hook while my blogger revolves it

Nice Nice Granny (4X)

Now that the party was jumping
With the scotch kicked in, the granny was pumpin'
Quick to the point, to the point no faking
Eating fried chicken and a pound of bacon

Nice Nice Granny, so cool, so cool

Nice Nice Granny, so cool, so cool (2X)


Ok, so I'm not feeling very rapper-ish this morning. It might be the abundance of food I consumed, the amount of laughter that ensued, or the aftershock of my grandmother receiving this for her birthday. Yeah, that makes for a complete other awkward blog post. Be afraid.
Despite the rain, the weekend was great. Friday night I got my hair done so I no longer look like a zebra. Hallelujah! And then Saturday was the big party. Since we couldn't have the party outside we made do inside...44 balloons later, I was feeling like a circus clown. Eyeliner and all.

(Warning, humid weather makes for terrible pictures. You have been warned. And we didn't take very many, I didn't have my camera...I know, I should be punished tremendously)



Mom "Candy" cooked all the fried goodness and we all ate well, very well. As a matter of fact I can still smell fried chicken in my hair....lovely ladies. So we were all stuck in the house with a ton of people, a room full of kids, and I found myself clicking my heels together saying "there's no place like home, there's no place like home." But all in all, it made for a fun, laughter filled day to celebrate the Queen Memommy that we all love and adore so much.

How was everyones weekend?
I have missed my bleaders. Blog+Readers=Bleaders....get it? (taken from Julie & Julia)


Hope you all have a fabulous day!! I'm off to a busy one myself!!


{ P.S. I need a weekend rap-up graphic. I have an idea, just no clue how to execute it. Any takers? You will be handsomely rewarded! :) }

{ P.S.S. this post sucked. I apologize }



27 comments:

Trina said...

I love your raps!!! Yay for getting your hair done and for the party being a success!!!

Anonymous said...

I love your weekend rap-up, so cute!! Can't wait to hear about your gma's gift, haha!! Love your hair, it looks beeeeautiful! Have a good day pretty girl!!! :)

Nessa said...

That song is now stuck in my head!! haha

Sweet Simplicity said...

You crack me up! :)

Lydia said...

Glad you had a great weekend! Hope you have a wonderful Monday :)

♥ H ♥ said...

you are hilarious! Are you sure you don't write songs for the rap business? haha.

Is your dress from tar-jay?? I have it :)

Just Me said...

I got looked at very evilly by my boss for laughing so loudly. Thanks! You are number one in my book!

Unknown said...

you are the funniest person I have ever "met" in my life...(hey, blogging counts as meeting) I absolutely LOVE IT! hahahhaa...I didn't even have to watch the video to pick up the beat my friend..I was alll over that mess! :) The pic is super cute! Love it! Happy Monday Gorgeous Lady!

Anonymous said...

BFF you amaze me with your 'wrap' skillz!! I love it!! :)

Jules said...

Another great rap and happy birthday to your grandmother! I think you both look great in that picture :) So pretty!

Tara Gibson said...

hahaah your hilarious! gorgeous pic!

s. pearce feldman said...

LOVE the rap today! seriously - the best. (and how cute is your grandmother?? LOVE her!!) i'd be happy to try to help with your graphic - not promising, but i could try...!

Girl Meets Beau said...

You are awesome with these raps! I don't think I could do that!! And your post did NOT suck! It had me cracking up :)

Sounds like you had an awesome weekend and love the g-ma stories! She sounds like a feisty lady! And your hair looks awesome for being out in the monsoons!

kuhkjhkh said...

Haha I loved the rap! And I love your granny! I'm glad you had a great weekend!!

Kelli said...

i love your raps! They are so funny! I'm glad you had fun back home :)

Mrs. Realife said...

Again... you are adorable! Your rap made me LOL!! Clearly you get your spunk from your G-ma :D

katie + bret said...

Haha - glad to see you rap. I always tell my husband I am a "gangster" and he constantly reminds me that since I say the word "gangster" I am indeed not ;)

Looks like you had a fun weekend - Love your blog and writing style!

BLC :o said...

OMG ... your rap has me in stitches!! Love love love it. Xoxo-BLC

Naturally Caffeinated Family said...

haha, i love it! and i love the pic so cute and you look gorgeous!

Melissa said...

I thought this rap was hilarious... you totally undersold yourself this morning! And you and your grammy look so happy and cute. Pretty ladies!!!

Brittany Ann said...

No way! This post didn't suck at all! How hilarious! I loved it! Good luck on your busy day!

Mom said...

You did good girl! I even got the rap this week! So good to have you home and you were a big help!Hope the family and friends didn't scare Skip away! Have a great week! love you

Erin said...

Girl, this was a GREAT post! I'm loving the rap ups - and what a fun party!

Candice said...

You are so funny! I enjoyed the post greatly!

Gwen said...

LMAO!!! I think your weekend "Raps" are fabulous!!! I'm glad you had a great weekend and you both look fantastic (crazy hair weather and all). XOXO

Adrienne said...

Lol...that was hilarious! It sounds like you had a great time. Cute pic!

AmberDenae said...

Your posts never suck! Loved the Rap-up. You're purely talented. Beautiful picture! Sounds like you had fun!