Friday, April 10, 2009

Good Friday, Indeed.

(yes, that is my cute self! )
Easter is all about eggs, boiled hams, bunnies, Peep sugar highs, and all things pastel right? To a lot of people that holds true. But as I sip my coffee and quitely ponder on the true meaning of this special holiday, I can't help but let a lot of words pour into my head.

Words that begin with RE to be more specific.

And I begin to REflect. With an inward and outward dimension. Because when we reflect, it's good for the soul. And often when we reflect what's best around us, its good for the world as well.

I reflect on the REsurrection of our sweet Jesus. How this Good Friday marks the slaying our Jesus. The perfect sacrifice. How he took our guilt and blame upon Himself, so that we could one day be with him in paradise. How on Easter morning, he came back from death. His REsurrection means eternal life for me, for you, the ones he came to earth to save. Amazing love indeed.

I reflect on trying to REnew. Renew the things I care about. Committments, friendships, my spirit. Most importantly, renewing my relationship with the Lord. To live better, to do better, to shine light where shadows lingered.

I reflect on the word REstore. Restoring things that are important in my life. Relationships, my health, my faith. Picking up the pieces and making things whole again. Having the opportunity to reasses my needs and priorites and choosing to put things right within my soul.

And as I reflect, I feel REfreshed. The resurgent energies of the approaching spring, the boundless, sweet love given to me because Jesus gave his life. What peace, happiness, and unimaginable blessings He has given to us.



Why do you seek the living among the dead? He is not here, He has risen.
Luke 24:5

This Good Friday, I hope you REFLECT.

28 comments:

s. pearce feldman said...

how beautiful. your words ring true in my ears.

Anonymous said...

wow, so beautifully written. thank you!

♥ H ♥ said...

Powerful words! Thank you

Jules said...

Such a beautiful post and so true! I've been attended the Lenten Services at church each Wednesday and it given me a lot to think about and reflect upon.

By the way, that is too funny what came up on word verification on your comment!

Have a wonderful weekend and a Happy Easter, sweet girl :)

Heather said...

I loved reading this! Made me smile. I'll definitely think about reflecting today. Thanks for the inspiration!

Naturally Caffeinated Family said...

beautifully written post! i loved reading this, thank you!

Brittany Ann said...

So important! Thank you for sharing.

Mrs. Hanson said...

Great Easter post! I hope you got done your work yesterday and enjoying the day off! :) xo

AmberDenae said...

So beautifully writtwn. I just stumbled upon your blog and am very happy that I did so. You're a wonderful writer and I really look forward to following and learning more about you. Thank you for this powerful and sombering reminder. Have a wonderful weekend and Happy Easter. God bless you.

AmberDenae said...

Written*...I can spell, I promise. Haha

Ashley said...

Thank you so much for the powerful reminder. I definitely needed that today.
:)

chelsea said...

awesome post to REad. sorry i couldn't help myself!! I"ve been wanting to upload a little easter pic too, so cute! Have a great Good friday!

Nessa said...

Beautiful post. Happy Easter. :)

Lydia said...

Amazing post! Powerful and true... Happy Easter!

jlc said...

You were the CUTEST!!! Oh my gosh and Beautiful post!!

Needs Help said...

wonderful post and such an adorable picture :)

KRISTEN'S PALACE said...

i just got chills reading this. amen! :)

Kelli said...

Such a beautiful post.. beautifully written! :)

Ink Obsession Designs said...

Very beautiful! Happy Easter! :)

Jill said...

You were such a cute baby. Sending many blessing your way this Easter.

Custard Shoppe said...

Beautifully written and lovely site! Thanks so much for visiting us from SITS today. We look forward to reading more!!
Joanne @ think kookie

Mom said...

You make your mom proud! Refection,restoration, re-energizing are very important for one's well-being! Wish you were going to be with us for Easter! I love the pic-one of my favorites! I wish Daddy was here to see what great young women you and lyndsey have become. He would be so proud!
I love you!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful post! Thanks for sharing :)

Sana said...

That was so spiritually enlightening. Good post! Happy Easter!!

PorkStar said...

interesting. Happy easter

Farnnay said...

hmmm i couldve sworn i commented on this. i dont know what happened. i didnt know much about the celebration of easter until i read this post. thanks for sharing.

Happy Easter.

P.S. what are you thinking of Three Cups of tea! isnt it awesome what greg mortenson did?

Anonymous said...

so true!! love it. thanks for this post:)

A Wedding Story said...

I love your blog...I should be going to bed but I'm ready WAY old posts! Love the design pics. I work for a design firm in Richmond and I appreciate it ALL!