Thursday, May 14, 2009

Guest Blogger

They say "the apple doesn't fall far from the tree." Well, I must have fell head first, face first. Because of emotional state, or lack there of, I have asked my mommy dearest to write a little "special post" about Your's Truly. So here it is. The good, the bad, the ugly....the truth.


“Yours Truly-My Drama Diva”
by Mom
I’m new to all this blogging stuff and not real sure why I was asked to write it but here goes.

I know if you read this blogspot, you already know how creative and talented she is and how she can really write well, but what about some things you don’t know about her????

She came into this world 26 years ago with a head full of blonde hair and probably one of the smartest and most beautiful babies ever. Being first child, grandchild, great-grandchild, niece-diva should have been her middle name!

She was named the Queen of Bullard when she was 18 months old (thank goodness her grandfather made a large donation to the community library!)


Surprised her father and me when she informed us that baby Jesus had a big d- -k when looking at a manger scene. Imagine my fun when I had to talk to the director of the Baptist church daycare she was going about what she learned at school!


Then shortly after that, she yelled at the car in front of us “to get the f- -k out of the way!” I still don’t know where she heard that!!! Her grandmother and I about stroked out-not nice language for a diva!


She always loved dressing up with the Mexican pageant do dresses and any other girly girl outfits! Always the princess!


She was very, very shy-don’t know how many times she climbed up my leg when somebody tried talk to her. I still have scars from the climbs!

She was a great student. Teachers loved her, often wondered if she ever talked! I couldn’t believe they were talking about my child!

Screaming at me on the Galveston ferry that “mothers do not get tattoos! I will be mad at you forever!” Told her it wasn’t the first time nor would it be the last time she would be mad at me. Now she has a tattoo-go figure!

Jump ahead to high school-drill team, good grades, Queen of Applebees! Nearly killed her mother when she had to dance on a ladder on the football field or on top of the Love Shack while high kicking! Cinderella costume for Honor Society-Divadom still!

(thats her, front and center, always demanding attention...and then she crys)


Excelled in college in interior design-I think she was voted most likely to decorate her own castle!
Now she’s on her own, working hard and doing well.

What you really need to know about her is that she is a beautiful person, not only on the outside but on the inside where is counts. She is thoughtful and caring person and an extremely deep thinker. She places too much stress on herself and takes things very personally and much too seriously. She likes things in order and calm and doesn’t like change. It matters to her what others think of her and lets it matter too much! She is kind and trustworthy, has a great work ethic and extremely creative.

My hope for her is that when she has the choice to sit it out or dance, she will always choose to dance. She is not only a diva, she is my very beautiful dancer. I am so proud to be her mother; I have learned much from her but have much more to learn!

So my Drama Diva-keep dancing through life, keep your heart and mind open to new things and new opportunities and you will have a wonderful life. I hope one day you will experience all the drama I have experienced with you and your sister with your own children! What a ride it has been and we have much further to go! (You know there was much more I could have said-like crying on the rollercoaster, jumping up naked out of the water when jellyfish got you, being chased with false teeth and crying, etc, etc, etc!)


So there you have it, straight from the Moms mouth. She is wonderful, I must admit. And I love her more than anything, this is true. For all the embarrassments, the laughs, the memories, the tears on her shoulder, she has been my rock, my strength, my greatest fan. I am one lucky girl!!

P.S. She LOVES to leave me comments, so ya'll leave her a few, my dear sweet Bleaders!!!

46 comments:

Melissa said...

This is the most awesome, touching thing I've read in a really long time. And I give mad-props to posting the Mexican Party Dress picture, I have one myself as YTJLH knows! This is just too sweet - and though I've only "known" her for a little bit I feel like we've been friends forever for the reasons you describe - how groovy is that??!!

Have a great day MamaYTJLH and YTJLH - You RULE!

Mrs. Hanson said...

Your mother is too sweet! My mother and I have the same sort of relationship as you and yours! It's a great thing isn't it? Her words were so kind and sweet, not to mention hilarious! I laughed out loud. AND how priceless are those pictures? LOVE THEM!

........ also, Diva is my middle name as well. I'm almost positive your my sister from a different mister. The way your Mom described your personality- dead on to my mother describing mine!

Unknown said...

This is precious. Thanks for sharing!

Lydia said...

What an awesome post! You are lucky to have such a wonderful mom who cares about you so much...

Brittany Ann said...

Go Mom! what a sweet, perfect post!

Miss Jody said...

Ah! I love your mom!!! Wanna a adopted sis? Your so beautiful and your mom raised you well! Parents are hard to raise too. You did good! :)Very sweet Post!!!!

Rachel said...

that was such a sweet post! i loved reading it! thanks for sharing.

:-)

♥ H ♥ said...

Awww I got a little teary eye'd reading this!! SO sweet of you,YT Mom! I can feel the love reading this :)

xoxo

CTB said...

This was beyond fabulous! What a wonderful Mama you've been blessed with.

Sana said...

awww this was so sweet! It's always nice hearing more and more about bloggers. :) I'm so glad you two have such a beatiful relationship.

katie + bret said...

How very sweet and exciting! I loved learning so much new stuff! Thanks for sharing momma!

Liz said...

That is so precious. :) I can't believe what you said about baby Jesus! lol

Jordan said...

I'm not gonna lie, I cried reading this post. This was one of the most genuinely sweet things I have ever read. My mom always says the same thing about dancing, and she loves that LeAnn Womack song!

Thank you so much YT Mom for writing this! It was beautiful!

Just Me said...

I'm laughing while wiping tears from my face. This was wonderful! Thanks Momma Truly!

Anonymous said...

How stinkin cute!

I love it that you had such a potty mouth! lol

Lauren said...

love, love, love it!!!! too precious :)

Sarah Elizabeth said...

You're mom seems like such a great lady! I love that last picture of the two of you!

Unknown said...

What a fabulous post! I love this. Your mom is just great.

My favorite memory is about the baby Jesus though...phew!

♥ H ♥ said...

you've been tagged!

Anonymous said...

SWEETEST Post ever!! What a loving mommy you have! I love it! :)

Jordan said...

Oh, and I left you a little something on my blog today! :)

Nessa said...

Awww, this is so sweet!! What a wondeful Mama and daughter!! =)

. said...

Awww, how cute! What an awesome mom!

liliesandgrapes.blogspot.com

TexanCouture said...

Such a sweet post, I loved it!! Along with the photos..awesome!!

Iva Messy said...

Yours Truly, there is something for you on my blog :)

Gwen said...

YAY MOM for writing for us to read!!! You did FABULOUS!!! Yours Truly you are so lucky to have a mom that adores you so much. I wish my mom was still around to write a post about me. You both are gorgeous!!! XOXO

Jules said...

Hi, sweet girl! You have an amazing mom and I think this was such a touching post. She really thinks the world of you. You're a great person and you should be so proud of all you have accomplished.

I love all of the stories and photos!

Nicole Marie said...

awww what a sweet post and sweet sweet mom!

Kebi Cedawna said...

How sweet!
Thanks for the comment on my blog. At least I'm not the only who thinks a $19 brow waxing is ridiculous! To make it worse, I woke up this morning to find a red scab below my brow where she got carried away and ripped my skin off. Grrrr.

KRISTEN'S PALACE said...

ah i love mama's :) yah! hope you have a great weekend.

Q, La, and Gooner said...

That was awesome and so sweet. I loved all the past pictures! Thank you for guest blogging!

Trina said...

I love this post and I can really tell you and your mom get along great!

controlled chaos said...

That was a touching post.

My mom would not write something like that about me.
She would mostly talk about How I'm lazy, and need to get off this thing called blogging.

I love moms!
And I hope things are looking better for you.

AmberDenae said...

This was such a sweet post!!! You are blessed to have such a sweet mother who loves you so much.

Dear Mother of Yours Truly, you have raised a wonderful, beautiful lady and we all love her!! :)

Thanks for posting this. It was so great to read!!

katie + bret said...

FYI, I left you something on my blog :)

{The Perfect Palette} said...

how sweet!

Kebi Cedawna said...

I tagged you for an award on my blog :)

Adrienne said...

Your mom is hilarious! I love those facts about you! Too cute!

Brittany said...

I left you a little something on my blog!

Anonymous said...

love it!! love the older pic. i have a pic just like that. mom is holding me whispering something in my ear. can not live with out those moments. i am so proud to be like her and to look like her. sometimes:)

sounds like an awesome relationship you have with her. so blessed!!!

Shauna said...

Hey come on over and check out my new book giveaway blog :)

Simply Me said...

I left you a little something on my blog!!! :) from yesterday.... HAppy friday!!! :)

Naturally Caffeinated Family said...

i just wanted to let you know i'm thinking about you girl and hope you're doing alright!! hugs!

Shauna said...

Hope you have a wonderful weekend!
♥ HUGS ♥

MissBliss said...

This blog post truly touched my heart!!!! I was reading it out loud to my husband while he watched Nascar and he was cracking up with me. You both are wonderful and thank you for sharing your love and light with us... all children should have such a fabulous mom!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AmberDenae said...

Hey Ms. Yours Truly! Your bleaders miss you dearly! Hope all is well for you, my dear! xoxo