So the sweet Kelly over at Kellys Korner is doing a fun little "Show us where you live Friday" post fiasco. I'm joining in on the fun, but don't expect to be impressed, rather, expect to be amused.
TA-DA! My kitchen, my kitchen of nightmares that I never cook in. So you only get peaks. Because I'm sneaky like that. And thanks to the iphone camera, you get just lovely looking photos don't ya think? *insert sarcastic grin here*
Yeah, that decanter is empty for a reason. Mr. Truly tells me, "You don't find answers at the bottom of the bottle." I tell him to "kiss my ass, pour me another." :)
That cookbook is probably like 100+ years old. Not really, well maybe, I don't really know, but it's been in the family forever and I love it. It makes me think of my mom everytime I see it. Not because she is 100+ years old, but because she is the greatest cook EVER! And see that lemon painting. Yeah, I did that when I was like 13 or something. I was a genius then too. Not really.
A little over the cabinet action. I usually have something festive in those tall cylinders, but I'm not feeling it, and I'm about to move. So don't judge.
And this is a precious little apron I like to put on and pretend to be a Desperate Housewive, or Stepford Wife, whatever mood strikes me at the moment.
And these are my dishes, that I covet. Too bad I only eat on them...ugh, NEVER. One day, someday, soon.
I hope you all are having a WONDERFUL weekend full of fun and relaxtion! I can't wait to read all about it! Until tomorrow morning......goodnight my sweet friends! ♥









17 comments:
Good Afternoon!
Cute pics but your readers should know is that you can cook when you want and the presentation is always superb!! You need to cook for me sometime soon!Thanks for letting your friends know that I am not 100 years old even though I'm almost 1/2 way there! iu
haha!! you cracked me up. Love the pics, thanks for the tour!
I have one of those cookbooks as well and I cherish mine too! Beautiful dishes, who cares if you use them- they are fun to look at!
Love the kitchen sneak peaks- your so creative even when you don't want to be! :)
yayy for the tour of your kitchen! :) I can just picture you now in that little apron slavin' away and sippin' on some wine! :) You're so precious...have a great Sunday friend!
i have a cookbook that looks very similar to that one! Love the apron :)
Awe! I loook seeing your digs. Tres chic. Xoxo-BLC
Love love love those dishes!
I love the color of your cabinets. I hate mine - they're too light...but I picked them out, so I have no one to blame but myself!
Cute apron!! And I loveeee how your mama comments. :)
I like those dishes! And your counter tops. Ooooh
Those pics are actually pretty freakin good for a camera phone. Do you and Mr. Truly live together? Mr. SE and I are moving in together in T-3 weeks and I'm freaking out a little bit. We're not engaged yet, but hopefully soon. It's super exciting and stressful at the same time.
Your mom's comment is priceless...
I have to say the decanter is a very classy touch, I have one of those somewhere too but I don't bother to fill it up since the liquid isn't in there long enough to make it worth my while.
Mr. Truly's comment, while true, was a foolish thing to say - never get between a woman and her decanter!!!
Have a great day! Oh, who am I kidding, I'm going to Tweet you like a million times!
Aw, love the kitchen! Stop being such a tease and show me more! I'm sure I am going to be obsessed with your decorating skills. Does that mean I get to fly you to my new house to decorate it? Hmmmm.... I don't know though, I am pretty sure we'd do more play than work! LOL :)
I'm going to join in on this game! YAY
Your mom's comments are too cute!
I love your kitchen! I'm sure it looks amazing if I had a full picture of it :)
i missed this post! i love it and you crack me up=)! and i love how you explained the significance behind everything, so fun! (we have a really cool decanter that we haven't use, one of these days we'll fill it with something fun=))
Post a Comment