Thursday, March 19, 2009

Material Girl

Good Morning!!

I should have posted this post way back when it was actually Barbie's Birthday, but I got lazybusy, life moved on....excuses, excuses!! Anyways, I was absolutely thrilled to learn that the incredibly talented Jonathan Adler had decked out a real-life 3,500 square-foot home overlooking the beautiful Pacific Ocean! This home is OUTRAGEOUS and Oh-So-Barbie!! I love the creativity of his design! It is glamorous, chic, colorful and SO happy...it's Barbie!!
Jonathan Adler, you rock my world!!


This Barbie mansion features a Barbie musuem with over 25 vintage Barbie dolls on Display!


This dream house (sorry, no pictures of the kitchen available that I could find) has a fully stocked kitchen of CUPCAKE ingrediants!! How does Barbie stay so damn slim?


There is an original Andy Warhol portrait of Barbie in this living room that is valued at over $200,000!! I think I'll go snatch that up today! HA!


Palms Casino Resort in Las Vegas is planning on furnishing a special pink-tinted Barbie Suite that will be available for bachelorette parties, birthdays or anyone who wants to live like Barbie. How FUN would this be for a girls trip!?!?! Any takers?!?!


If you are slightly obsessed with Barbie, Jonathan is launcing a "Jonathan Adler Loves Barbie" collection in September. You know you want those precious corset back wing chairs!! This would be a little girls dream come true!


Of course, Barbie's bedroom is wall to wall covered in PINK!! So chic, so fun, yet he still adds that touch of sophistication. Pepto Bismol anyone?? :)


Every girls dream come true....50 matchingpairs of pink peeptoe heels! hmmmm, I'm thinking this is probably what Tara's closet over at Jimmy Choos and Tennis Shoes probably looks like!! yeah, I'm jealous.



And of course, what house would be complete with out a Barbie Volkswagon. I always had that Barbie Car Convertible....I guess times have changed! This cutie-pa-tootie even has a pop-up vanity in the trunk. Quite appropriate!

(photos from Business Wire Commercial)

And here is a little sneak peek at some of the other interiors that Adler has worked on. He has the most eclectic, funky style and I am head over heels in love with it. His play off materials, textures and colors creates such bold statements....he knows how to work it!


Well, I'm off to put on my peep-toe heels, brush this long blond hair with my tiny pink hairbrush, airbrush my makeup on perfectly and get into my pink Volkswagon to head to work!

Hope you all have a great Thursday....the weekend is almost here!!!!!!!!

Photobucket

7 comments:

Unknown said...

LOVED this post. I'm a taker on the Bachelorette weekend in Vegas :) Barbie Suite sounds AMAZINGGG! Def. show that website to your sister if she is getting married. Especially outdoors. Etsy also has some fabulous tutu dresses...check those out too! :) Happy Thursday!

Anonymous said...

Thats GREAT! Awesome post. :)

Tara Gibson said...

omg I want to live there

Unknown said...

That golf cart is just too fun. Barbie was my favorite doll when I was little.

Naturally Caffeinated Family said...

wow, cute!!

Jade Bordeaux said...

Ok, first off. I hate to tell you sweetie, but I think he is Gay. So, love him all you want, in a friend way ;)
And I love that house, it is sooooooo cool! Do you think he will come over and decorate mine if you get too busy?

A "cheery" disposition said...

Can I just say I envy Barbie! Serisouly this is a fablous house!