Friday, March 6, 2009

True Colors

I am SO excited about Spring and all of the fun colors that entail! Of course when I got my Traditional Home in the mail I was drooling over the 20 Designers, 20 Palettes article! One of my favorite designers that was featured is Amanda Nisbet based out of Manhatten. Let me tell you, this lady is TAL-EN-TED!! She takes color to a whole new dimension. Her designs are confident, but not pretentious. Her spaces are dramatic, but she knows how to restrain. And her designs are creative and full of energy, yet so incredibly tasteful. She has mastered the art of blending texture, color, function and style...and I am so envious!

If these cheerful, colorful rooms don't put you in a good mood, I don't know what will!! (well, I could probably come up with a few things, but for now, these pictures make my heart happy!)
There was not an inch of space that wasn't thought of! The color combination is so unexpected as are all the precious little pops of color. So unique!
Photobucket

I'm dreaming of the oceanside when I look at this picture! I love the neutral undertones with just the right punches of color! Such a sunny, warm room...I'm dreaming!
Photobucket

This yummy combination of colors is so unexpected! The colors tend to be a bit jarring, but I love the edginess of the orange combined with freshness of the greens and neutrals.




Three words: chic, crip, sophisticated!!

This room is BOLD and BEAUTIFUL! It seems risky to use such a bold color, but it defintely shows confidence and warms up the space!

Photobucket

I love all the fun accents in this room! The upholstery brad detail on the sofa, the precious pillows, the stark white vases, colorful book binds....it's so fun.

Photobucket

This room is so tranquil and sophisticated. I love the subtle contrast gained from all the different shades of lavender. I could see replicating this for a little girls room and it would be so adorable. It is so refreshing!

Photobucket
This room is so ful of energy! I love the richness that is created from using all the different textures!

Photobucket


This room makes my eyes dance! I would move in TODAY! The colors are so classic yet the combination lends more of a modern feel to the space. This room is SO easy on the eye!!

Photobucket
This picture is going on my inpiration board for a client we are working with now. That pop of turquiose on the countertop is to die for. I love how she is not afraid to be a little more daring...such a small touch has the biggest impact in this eating nook! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this idea!!

Photobucket

(All pictures credited to http://www.amandanisbetdesign.com/)

Photobucket

No comments: