Wednesday, April 29, 2009

30 Day Torture


Dearest Jillian,

To be accepted by my dear Bleaders and to try to fit in, I decided to join your 30-Day Shred fit plan. But let's get real girl. Let's be honest and have a little girly talk heart to heart. First off, you freak me out. You and your rock hard body and muscular arms scare me. Do you have to show off like that? Even better, do you have to talk from the side of your face? It's kind of like Popeye and it weirds me out. I feel like you might jump through the TV and slap me on the ass and tell me to go for 3-2-1 more seconds. Maybe I need it, I don't know. Now, back to that 3-2-1 second crap. You lied to me. I counted at least 5 seconds past that 3-2-1. I want my 5 cents back. And another thing, I know you are just trying to be supportive, but your kind words of "keep going, you have to push, you have to want this body, it's not easy, you will get results, don't stop, you can do it." Well, I'm calling bullshit on that too. I know what you really want to say is "hey fat butt, keep going, keep breathing, you can bend lower than that, pick up the pace, quit dragging your cellulite ass and pick it up woman." That's right, we are being honest here. I kept waiting for the pop-up on the screen that say's "Hey Yours Truly, you're a delusional idiot." I digress. Even though I can't feel my legs, I'm drenched in sweat, my stomach hurts (but it may be the burrito from last night) and I smell like pig, I thoroughly enjoyed that warm-up of yours. That hip and knee action gave me a little thrill. I won't get into that though here. That's for another fan letter. All in all, you whooped my butt, and I'm secretely glad. But let's keep that between us. Unless I don't see results, and then I'll be all over you like white on rice.
Your sweaty, panting #1 fan,
Your's Truly


Oooooooooooooh girls. I did it. Day 1. Mr. Truly is not happy with me. Seeing that he is a personal trainer, he is slightly offended. But after that workout, I would be offended too. I don't know who I'm more scared of, but if I can face the fear for 20 minutes and be done, I'll take that over a big ole' man yelling at me for an hour any day. I'm still skeptical, but I'm going to give it my all. We'll see how long that last...realistically speaking! :)


And I have to give a quick shout-out to Becca at Simply Fit for the Neno Award! This blogger is one of my favorite Bleaders and Twiggas!! :) Check her out for fitness tips, great recipes, precious pictures of her sweet little one, or sweet posts that just make ya smile!! Thanks Becca, you made my day!!
Hope you all are having a WONDERFUL WEDNESDAY!! The week is half over!!

33 comments:

Lydia said...

Ok so I'm thinking I need to also jump on this bandwagon....

Jordan said...

I'm still on level 1, and I am with you lady! It has majorly kicked my butt! I walked funny the first few days because my quads were so sore.

I also want to punch her through the tv when I hear her say, "just a couple more" and she lets it go for about 20 more reps!

Nessa said...

You are hilarious!! Love the fan letter, im so set on getting the video now! =)

Girl Meets Beau said...

Glad you tried out the Shred! I have been doing it and it's killer! I also hate how she says "a couple more" and then we do like 10 more reps! WTH??? You know you can turn off her voice! I did that once but then I was so off from the exercises!

♥ H ♥ said...

HAHA! She scares me too. She's crazy but it's a good 20min workout!

CTB said...

HAHA You are too funny! I've just started doing the 30 Day Shred, and I'd be interested what Mr. Truly, as a personal trainer, thinks about it.

Anonymous said...

oh my goodness, I about died reading your wrap-up, I love it!!! Seriously, you crack me up and YOU make MY day!!! :) I can't wait until we're all done the 30 day shred so that we can see if it REALLY works!!

Sweet Simplicity said...

I think I need to get her videos. I have great things about them lately.

ashley said...

haha at b.e.g. that drives me crazy too!

i keep having to put days inbetween my shred workouts bc i'm too sore to give it my all!

AmberDenae said...

Hahaha...you're hilarious and you should so send that in to her! Haha, still laughing.

I've heard so much about this 30 day shred via bloggers but haven't really looked into it. I think I might give it a try!

:)

Lindsey said...

Haha your letter to Jillian cracked me up! I couldn't agree with you more! Jillian still freaks me out but keep it up, you will def see results!
And how lucky are you to have a hubs as a trainer?! You should make him do the Shred with you, I'm still trying to get my hubs to do it!

spiffykerms said...

Its hard I think, going to a boyfriend for workout advice. I tried once, with my triathlete boyfriend and he's like "Girls work out different than guys." So yeah. It sucks. And now I have a gut.

s. pearce feldman said...

you crack me up. seriously.

...but if it works, i want to know! (says the girl who's never committed to anything exercise/workout/dieting related in her life).

xoxo!

Mrs. Hanson said...

Too funny girl! :)

Tara Gibson said...

cant wait to hear more about this! good luck!

Melissa said...

Well, that did it - I am never doing this 30-day Shred thing y'all are so into... I knew it sounded bad and I knew it sounded like something that would make me scream all sorts of random expletives at the television - but reading this... the Popeye reference alone sealed the deal.

and by the way... HILARIOUS.

Unknown said...

I'm with DocE. I'm staying away from this 30-day shred thing. It sounds too scary for me.

Adrienne said...

You crack me up! That was hilarious. I can totally feel your pain too b/c I have been shredding it for a few months now, she's crazy!

Rachel said...

ahhh oh wow, we are so peas in a pod, i just bought the dvd at target and am starting it tonight. i'll write up a post if i can lift my arms afterward.

katie + bret said...

I fully believe Jillian canNOT count. Wait till you get to Level 3. She says 10 more then talks for about 30 seconds THEN starts the count down from 10. That Bitch.

LissaMarie said...

love the fan letter; it was absolutely hysterical! best of luck with your shreding! =] Jillian is a ferocious beast...i'm afraid to not do the video everyday, that she may haunt my dreams or something! hehe!

Naturally Caffeinated Family said...

haha, you crack me up! i can't wait to try it after this bebe =)

Anonymous said...

Hahaha, Good luck with the next 29 days!! AHH!! :)

Trina said...

oh yes the deadly 30 day shred ... i have it and i'm scared of it - haha!!


answer to your questions, my birthday is may 20th.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I heard Jillian's shred is a killer, good luck! Can't wait to read more...

Candice said...

I need to try this ASAP...Love your letter!

Melissa said...

Great letter to jillian. I pretty much hate her right about now! I just did day 2 and I'm complete jello! She's so hardcore!!

jlc said...

And now we're Twiggas too??

Such abuse! ;D

Sarah Elizabeth said...

I'd love to try that DVD. I'm looking forward to hearing reviews. Sometimes I think it's good to be a little scared of the trainer!

Anonymous said...

I have got to get this? So it's only 20 minutes? That sounds good... keep us posted!

Erin said...

I want to get this, too! I agree, she's terrifying...but I think that's EXACTLY what I need! :-)

Kelli said...

Yeah Jillian gets on my nerves too. I really kinda just want to punch her in the face!

Jules said...

So many people are doing the shred. I love The Biggest Loser and like Jillian much better than Bob, but now that you mention it she does talk out the side of her mouth like Popeye. Hysterical!