Friday, May 8, 2009

Florida Dreamin'

Can you guess what this weekend brings? More rain! Unfortunately, yes. Bummer...no bueno....sucks....i'm over it. I'm so ready to feel the fresh air filling my lungs, the sun toasting my skin, and the warm breeze up my maxi dress. That's pretty close to heaven right there.

But back to reality, and back to the torrential downpours and humidity that smothers you when walk outside and makes you sweat in places you didn't know existed. Grossness.

So while I sit and stare out at the grey sky, I'm secretly wishing for a trip to Port St. Lucie, Florida. But it would be a trip with a one-way ticket because I would be the fabulous owner of this impecably pimped out 2009 HGTV Green Home.


So let's pretend. Welcome to my home Bleaders! Have a glass of champagne and enjoy the tour. Just wipe your feet, and your butt, and not on the carpet please!




This striped wall is killer fabulous. I am in awe.



Which room would you like to stay in? I even offer turn down service with a chocolate on the pillow! Sweet dreams :)


This natural wooden ceiling is a dream come true. I love it


How gorgeous is the master bedroom. So calming, so serene, so peacefull. I adore the turquoise!


I could pretend to be a chef in this kitchen! So chic, I'm digging it!



Both of these spaces make my heart skip a beat! The colors, the textures, the beauty, OH MY!



Have you had enough yet??
Ahhhh, a girl can dream right??
TGIF!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My bestie is going home with me this weekend to celebrate Mother's Day!! I CANNOT wait for much deserved girl time with lots of love and laughter!! I'm a little bit excited! Squee!

28 comments:

Mom said...

The house is great but I'd rather have one that requires minimal upkeep so all I have to do is sit on the beach and not worry about cleaning-or is one of the room's for me??
I'm so excited to have all my girls home for mom's day-best present ever!Have a great day! See you tomorrow!

Anonymous said...

That's amazing!! I LOVE IT!! I want to stay in the orange room...it's probably a kids room but that's more my style anyways! :)

♥ H ♥ said...

I'm coming to live with you, thanks!

Mrs. Hanson said...

Oh I am in LOVE! Excuse me but when can I move in? Ahhh... total bliss.

Anonymous said...

That is beautiful! I'll stay in the room underneath of the orange one.. so pretty! Ah, that would be the life! Enjoy your weekend pretty girl! :)

CTB said...

Those dream homes are so beyond amazing! I can't do anything but drool when I see pictures.

kuhkjhkh said...

ugh! that house is gorgeous and makes me want to get away so much more now! But can I... nooooo... I'll just sit here... at my desk... watching the rain! ugh fml

Jules said...

The rain is getting out of hand. I hope you get some sunshine this weekend and the humidity breaks. That will be so fun to celebrate Mother's Day with your bff!

That house is beautiful. The kitchen is my dream and I would have to stay in the 2nd more neutral bedroom. I am in love with the turquoise bathroom and bedroom.

Just Me said...

SO, pretty...you better start saving magazine clippings for my apt...you are going to be the one doing it all you know! MUAH! I can't wait for this weekend!

Adventures in Newlywed said...

WOW! I am seriously in love with any bathroom that incorporates turquoise/sky blue + brown + white..my husband and I are thinking about building a new house next year, and I don't really have a preference on any of the details EXCEPT that the master bath MUST have that color combo :)

Jordan said...

Aww, that is so sweet to see your Mom post!! :)

I am also a fan of the blue bathroom. Something about the aqua/turqoiuse and stark white just gets to me!

I hope the weather doesn't dampen your spirits! Wow, that was a lame pun. Anyway, I'll be praying that it skips over DFW and heads West toward our lake house!

TexanCouture said...

I need a new Maxi Dress for the season, who has cute ones out right now?

And love the house! I could do wonders in that kitchen!

Girl Meets Beau said...

Cracking up over your boob song from previous post!! Hilarious! And yes, that place looks fabulous! Love the master bedroom!!

Brittany Ann said...

Unfortunately, down here in Florida, we're known for our sun followed immediately by a thunderstorm every day of spring/summer. So I can't promise you clear skies (but we do have plenty of humidity!)

But if you get that house, I say, heck, it doesn't matter if it's raining. That house will it all better. As long as I can move in with you, too, because I think I might need that abode!

Nessa said...

Love it!! the striped wall is fabulous and that 3 part horse picture makes me giggle and i want it lol!!

Naturally Caffeinated Family said...

boo for all the rain, that is not right!! yay for a great weekend coming! and just let me know when you get the house, i'll be there the next day=)! have a fabulous weekend!

jlc said...

Oh no!! Let's pretend indeed!!

Lovin those stripes!!

Q, La, and Gooner said...

Um yah. When I read the forecast for this weekend I was shocked by MORE RAIN! eeeeeeeeeep! I've been in Texas for a month now and this is quite the welcome!

Miss Jody said...

Yes! Lets dream and pretend! Your great! I looove that home!! My dream kitchen...sigh.......LOVE your blog!!

Nicole Marie said...

oh that kitchen is heavenly!!

Trina said...

love, love, love the house! we will dream and pretend but hey, you never know it can happen :)

Rachel said...

ummm can i stay in the bathrooms? haha they are gorgeous!

Tara Gibson said...

what an amazing space! love it all!

Unknown said...

That house is gorgeous. I want it.

Melissa said...

I get to comment again! I get to comment again!!!

Okay, I'm back now... Can we live on the house on a beach?!?!?! I want to live there too.... and the dogs of course... and the Boy. We can have lots and lots and lots of drinks and wear random outfits and look pseudo-trashy together!!!

leticia@galsintheknow.blogspot.com/ said...

thank you, thank you, thank you!
I was trying to figure out how to have stripes on the walls and stripes on the furniture, I found it here!
going to put together, brilliant!
love your blog, think I found you via a card shop, sometimes I just keep going and can't remember how and where I find you girls...
anyhow, thanks!
take a peek at mine, having my first giveaway!
~leticia
http://galsintheknow.blogspot.com/

Carol {Everyday Delights} said...

Love that striped wall!

In This Wonderful Life said...

AWESOME HOUSE! I'd love this!